Gain an understanding of Oracle’s Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) to enable project teams to make a more valuable contribution to the design and implementation of PBCS applications.
An in-depth overview of PBCS, ideal for Project Managers and Design Teams that need to get up to speed fast. It covers all capabilities of the system and explores the interface, typical planning processes and the flow of data from source systems. See the ways in which plan data can be adjusted, translated and aggregated within PBCS before being analysed with powerful reporting tools such as Financial Reporting Web Studio or in Microsoft Office using Smart View.
Overview, functionality, navigation, terms and concepts, typical planning processes, workflow, completing a budget submission, adjusting forecasts.
Top-down allocations, translation and aggregation, driver-based planning, dimensionality, plan types, data forms and task lists, data entry, loading source data, data management (FDMEE), security, approvals process, reporting.
- Review of architecture
- Understand how PBCS leverages Essbase technology and works with other solutions such as Data Management (FDMEE), Financial Reporting Web Studio and Smart View in order to provide a complete end-to-end workflow for Budget and Forecast submission and reporting.
- Overview of PBCS functionality
- Navigation of the Interfaces
- PBCS can be accessed through two main interfaces; the Web and Smart View (Excel). Compare and contrast the functionality available in each interface and the benefits of using each.
- Review key terms and concepts
- Review the key PBCS terms relating to Dimensions, Members and the wider application. Explore the concepts that are key to the planning process in PBCS to gain a “big picture” understanding of how things fit together.
- Overview of reporting solutions
- Review of running Financial Reports and interaction with Smart View
- Typical planning processes
- Actual, Budget and Forecast scenarios
- Reviewing the workflow
- Completing a Budget Submission
- Comparing Budget Versions
- PBCS allows for multiple Versions of your Budgets and Forecasts to be prepared. Discus how this functionality can be leveraged to provide an iterative planning process with the ability to perform “scenario planning”.
- Adjusting Forecasts
- A variety of adjustment techniques are available when working with PBCS, allowing you to amend individual values or adjust whole data ranges as required.
- Top-Down Allocations and Bottom-Up Strategies
- PBCS allows you to prepare plans using both bottom-up and top-down methods. Discuss the pros and cons of each approach.
- Translation and Aggregation
- When working with multi-currency applications, you can automate the translation of data to the available reporting currencies.
- Driver-Based Planning
- Customizable calculations allow you to embed a driver-based approach in your planning process. Discuss the various techniques that can be used for this in order to minimize data entry.
- Understand PBCS dimensionality
- Applications and Plan Types
- Data Forms & Task Lists Overview
- Data Entry Methods
- Loading Data
- Source Data Integration and Data Management (FDMEE)
- The Data Management screen which can be accessed directly from PBCS allows you to define a consistent, auditable process for loading source data into your application.
- Understanding Security
- The Approvals Process
- Undertake a simple approvals process in order to review the various auditable options for the promotion, delegation and sign off of planning data.
- Running Financial Reports
- Smart View
- Ad Hoc Analysis – Discover the benefits of using Ad Hoc Analysis functionality to create queries and analyze data from PBCS.
- Smart View across Microsoft Office – Understand how Smart View can be used across the suite of Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Our Cloud courses are offered through our strategic partnership with Keyteach, using state-of-the-art technology and a live Cloud environment for hands-on labs. Contact us for information, or click here to register.