Audience: Implementation consultants, developers, technical system administrators
Learn how to design and build PBCS applications, develop planning and budgeting models and load and manipulate data and metadata in PBCS applications. Gain an in-depth understanding of how to make efficient use of the capabilities and extensibility of PBCS. Learn how to leverage the potential of this powerful solution in order to build more effective applications and workflows.
This course focuses on the options, functionality and design considerations that impact the performance of PBCS applications. You’ll learn how to apply best practice techniques during the development process.
You’ll learn about the multi-dimensional hierarchies supported by PBCS and gain an appreciation of the complexities and possibilities of the solution. Find out what can be achieved through a detailed understanding of the underlying structure of the PBCS solution. Learn how to build data forms, load data, explore more detailed calculations and understand the planning cycle. See the ways in which plan data can be adjusted, translated into different currencies and aggregated within PBCS.
This course will equip attendees with the necessary tools and knowledge to design and build effective, responsive and highly optimized applications.
Day 1: Navigation, functionality overview, terms and concepts, managing applications, loading metadata, using forms and task lists, custom menus, smart lists, composite forms, grid diagnostics, cell history.
Day 2: Overview of Data Management, budget versions, rolling forecasts, approvals process, lifecycle (application) management and backups, basic calculation and member formulas, understanding security, overview of Financial Reporting Studio, Smart View.
Day 3: Designing applications, dimensions, plan types, loading metadata, design considerations, building forms and task lists, custom menus, smart lists, composite forms, Data Management (FDMEE) setup.
Day 4: Detailed calculations, substitution variables, top-down allocations, setup of approvals process, translation and aggregation, driver-based planning, grid diagnostics.
- Solution overview
- Overview of PBCS functionality
- Navigation of the interfaces
- Review key terms and concepts
- Review the key PBCS terms relating to dimensions, members and the wider application. Explore the concepts that are key to the planning process in PBCS to gain a “big picture” understanding.
- Loading metadata
- Data entry methods
- Adjusting forecasts
- A variety of adjustment techniques are available when working with PBCS, allowing you to amend individual values or adjust whole data ranges as required.
- Comparing budget versions
- PBCS allows for multiple versions of your budgets and forecasts to be prepared. Discuss how this functionality can be leveraged to provide an iterative planning process.
- Rolling forecasts
- The approvals process
- Lifecycle (application) management
- Discover how to move artefacts between development and production applications. Find out how to back up an application.
- Basic calculation and member formulas
- Managing exchange rates
- Understanding security
- Control access to an application and its components
- Overview of Financial Reporting Studio
- Understand more about running Financial Reports and get an overview of Financial Reporting Studio.
- Smart View
- Ad Hoc Analysis – Discover the benefits of using Ad Hoc Analysis functionality to create queries and analyse data from PBCS.
- Smart View across Microsoft Office – Understand how Smart View can be used across the suite of Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Review of architecture
- My Services
- Application and plan types
- PBCS dimensionality
- Creating applications
- Explore the variety of options and design decisions available when creating new PBCS applications.
- Designing Data forms & task lists
- Task lists guide users through the planning process and data forms provide a window to the database for the review and manipulation of data.
- Building Custom menus
- Learn how to enhance navigation within PBCS through thedevelopment of custom menus that enable users to more easilyaccess custom content.
- Grid diagnostics
- Data Auditing
- Setup of source data integration and Data Management (FDMEE)
- Designing an Approvals Process
- Undertake a simple approvals process in order to review the various available options for the promotion, delegation and sign off of planning data. You’ll discover how to set up a Planning Unit hierarchy and perform the required Scenario and Version assignment.
- Advanced calculation
- Understand how to work with Calculation Manager to design,maintain and deploy more advanced business rules for a PBCS application.
- Substitution variables
- Add flexibility through the use of dynamic substitution variables for use in data forms and business rules.
- Top-down allocations and bottom-up strategies
- Translation and aggregation
- When working with multi-currency applications, you can automate the translation of data to the available reporting currencies.
- Driver-based planning
- Customisable calculations allow you to embed a driver-based approach in your planning process.
- Understanding EPM Automate
- Discover how the EPM Automate utility can help to streamline and automate common tasks such as loading data and managing the Cloud environment.
This course is offered through our strategic partnership with Keyteach, using state-of-the-art technology and a live environment for hands-on labs. Contact us for information, or click here to register.