This one-day course teaches HFM Administrators the basics – the how and why – of rule writing. Students learn the basics of rules, experience writing common rules, and are introduced to more advanced topics. This class is taught using Calculation Manager with usage of classic script as part of the class, with script objects inside Calc Manager. The class can also be taught privately just with Classic script upon advance notice.
This class is offered in two different lengths:
- When delivered as part of the five day HFM Bootcamp class, the topics below are covered. The day begins with HFM data loading and we get into Rules after the morning break, around 10:15am. Students are welcome to join for the full day and get a refresher on data loading, or just join at 10:15 for Rules.
- When delivered as a standalone class we are able to include additional material, and we add content that covers consolidation rules and script performance improvement.
- Overview of Rules
- Subroutines and Syntax
- We walk through the basic structure of the rules and how HFM knows when to run them.
- Restricting Running Rules
- Almost all rules do not run for every point of view. Knowing how to restrict when rules run is important in rule writing.
- Top 10 Calculations
- The top 10 rules that most companies use are reviewed and discussed. Half of them are used hands on by students while the other half are discussion topics.
- Advanced Topics
- Students are introduced to more advanced techniques and features.
- Consolidation Rules
- Script Performance Improvement