This one-day course teaches HFM Administrators the basics – the how and why – of rule writing. Students learn the basics of rules, experience writing common rules, and are introduced to more advanced topics. This class is taught using Calculation Manager with usage of classic script as part of the class, with script objects inside Calc Manager. The class can also be taught privately just with Classic script upon advance notice. The instructor can also look at your specific rules and help you understand and modify them.
- Overview of Rules
- Subroutines and Syntax
- We walk through the basic structure of the rules and how HFM knows when to run them.
- Restricting Running Rules
- Almost all rules do not run for every point of view. Knowing how to restrict when rules run is important in rule writing.
- Top 10 Calculations
- The top 10 rules that most companies use are reviewed and discussed. Half of them are used hands on by students while the other half are discussion topics.
- Advanced Topics
- Students are introduced to more advanced techniques and features.
- Consolidation Rules
- Script Performance Improvement